Section 43B CERTAIN DEDUCTIONS ALLOWED ON ACUTUAL PAYMENT BASIS
Section 43B CERTAIN DEDUCTIONS ALLOWED ON ACTUAL PAYMENT BASIS
Applicability of Section 43B
• Section 43B is applicable where the assessee maintains his books of accounts on the basis of mercantile system of accounting (ie accrual basis).
• Section 438 cannot apply in situations where the assessee follows cash basis of accounting (because under cash accounting system, all expenses are allowed on actual payment basis)
Types of Expenses to be Allowed on Actual Payment Basis Only
• Any sum payable by way of tax, duty, cess or fee (by whatever name called under any law for the time being in force);
• Any sum payable to the Indian Railways for use of the Railway assets;
• Employer's contribution to provident fund, superannuation fund or any other fund for the welfare of the employees;
• Bonus, commission or leave salary payable by the employer to his employees; and
• Interest on loan taken from: 1:1 a scheduled bank including a co-operative bank;
❑ public financial institution (ie, ICICI, IFCI, Mei, LIC, UTI, etc);
❑ state financial corporation; or
❑ state industrial investment corporation.
Last Date of Payment
• The above mentioned expenses can be paid till the last date of filing of return of income relating to the previous year in which the expenditure was incurred. If the payment is so made, expenditure is allowed in the previous year itself.
• If the payment is made after the last date of filing of return of income, expenditure is allowed in the year in which the payment was made.
Example: XYZ Ltd has taken a loan from 581. on which interest of Rs 5,000 is payable for PY 2017-18. If this interest was paid to 58I on or before 30.09.2018, such interest would be allowed to be deducted in PY 2017-18 itself. However, if this interest was paid on or after 01.10.2018, such interest would be allowed to be deducted in the previous year in which such payment was made.
Demo Classes of Tax by Prof. Vinit Sir: https://www.conceptonlineclasses.com/demovideos
Visit Website: https://www.conceptonlineclasses.com/
Where To Get Best CMA Online Classes In India
COC Education is India's Best Institute To Get CMA Classes.
Who is The Best Faculty For Accounts?
You need the Best Faculty For Accounts, CA Exam Preparation, so that you can pass your exam with Flying Colors without wasting a single minute of your Precious Time. A Good Faculty will not only help you clear your exam but also help you achieve the highest rank Possible, which proves to be surely a great advantage in Job Placement after completing CA.
Best Video Lectures for Operations Management & Strategic Management (OMSM) CMA Inter Group-2
OMSM Operations Management and Strategic Management. Get your Video Lectures Operations Management and Strategic Management from COC Education
Introduction to Statistics for CA Foundation
Introduction to Statistics for CA Foundation Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and Statistics is designed as per latest CA Foundation syllabus for Paper 3 to provide a firm grounding in the principles, techniques and practice. The book adopts self-study approach and has been written in student-friendly manner. With a blend of conceptual learning and problem-solving approach, it offers in-depth understanding of the basic mathematical and statistical tools. #introductiontostatistics
Chapter X of Companies Act 2013
Chapter X of Companies Act 2013 The company shall place the matter relating to such appointment for ratification by members at every annual general meeting. ... Under the Act, the provisions for rotation of auditors in the listed Company & certain other class of Companies, have been provided for. #chapterxofcompaniesact2013
Relevant sections under the Companies Act, 2013 dealing with fraud and false statements
Relevant sections under the Companies Act, 2013 dealing with fraud and false statements The new parent corporate law “The Companies Act 2013” is mostly ... I am limiting my write-up to the provisions to the Act, and I request the readers to refer relevant rules, if any, before ... in the 2013 Act is the Section 447 dealing with “Punishment for fraud”. ... Section 448
What is Corporate Image
What is Corporate Image A corporate identity or corporate image is the manner in which a corporation, firm or business enterprise presents itself to the public. The corporate identity is typically visualized by branding and with the use of trademarks, but it can also include things like product design, advertising, public relations etc #WhatisCorporateImage
What is Energy Audit
What is Energy Audit An energy audit is an inspection survey and an analysis of energy flows for energy conservation in a building. It may include a process or system to reduce the amount of energy input into the system without negatively affecting the output. #whatisenergyaudit